1 Which public figure recently contracted SARS-CoV-2 infection and was treated with two experimental drugs, Gilead’s remdesivir and Regeneron’s REGN-COV2?
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- President Donald J. Trump
October 2, 2020, President Donald Trump announced he had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. He received a variety of treatments, including both holistically-leaning alternatives and the experimental drugs remdesivir and REGN-COV2. Learn more.
- First Lady Melania Trump
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
2 A September 2020 meta-analysis concluded there is a significant relationship between autism and which of the following?
A September 2020 meta-analysis concludes there is a significant relationship between autism and concentrations of mercury in the body. According to the researchers, the mercury concentration can be listed as a pathogenic cause for autism. Learn more.
3 Mounting evidence suggest immunity against SARS-CoV-2 infection among the global population may be around:
- Below 10%
German research shows that even among unexposed individuals, 81% were resistant or immune to SARS-CoV-2 infection. Mathematical modeling also suggests immunity against SARS-CoV-2, globally, might be as high as 80%. Learn more.
4 A pandemic may trigger panic buying and hoarding, in part, due to a:
- Perception of scarcity
There are some psychological explanations, including the fact that a perception of scarcity is linked with panic buying and hoarding, along with feelings of insecurity that trigger people’s desire to collect things. Learn more.
- Inability to leave the house
- Desire for something to do
- Miscommunication about availability
5 Which of the following has been shown to have a direct antiviral effect on SARS-CoV-2, effectively blocking viral replication in vitro?
- UVB light
- Nitric oxide (NO)
Recent research shows nitric oxide (NO) has a direct antiviral effect on SARS-CoV-2, effectively blocking viral replication in vitro. Learn more.
- Nitrous oxide (N2O)
- Oxygen (O2)
6 Which of the following statements is true?
- Australian citizens are suing the government for damages
- The Swedish government is being sued by a coalition of nations for refusing to shut down businesses, putting the public at risk
- An international network of lawyers is preparing a class-action lawsuit against those responsible for global lockdowns
The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee, founded by four trial attorneys, will investigate and prosecute those responsible for implementing lockdowns around the world and using fraudulent testing to engineer the appearance of a dangerous pandemic. They will be working with an international network of lawyers to argue the biggest tort case ever. Learn more.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has been indicted for manslaughter, resulting from his nursing home policy during the pandemic
7 The COVID-19 pandemic has catalyzed:
- Healthier behaviors and practices
- Improved social discourse
- Greater trust in science
- Massive wealth transfer to the rich
The COVID-19 pandemic has catalyzed a massive transfer of wealth to the rich. Learn more.